No Rules for 2015! Click here to register! The Contest will be back for 2016.
How to Enter:
- Starting September 2, 2014 registration will begin on our website. Entry fee is $25.00
- The number of contestants will be limited to 154, so don’t delay! We do fill up.
- Bring 2 IDENTICAL PIES to Holstein Park between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 am on Sunday, October 19, 2014. Judging begins at 11:00 a.m. The event opens to the public at 2:00 p.m.
- The Contest is open to anyone wishing to bake an APPLE PIE.
- Only Double Crust Apple Pies will be accepted, no Crumbles, Crisps, Betty’s or Pan Dowdy’s allowed. Official Bucktown Apple Pie Contest judge’s ruling as to eligibility will be final.
- Pie MUST be checked in by 11:00 a.m. on contest day (10/19/14). We will turn away latecomers.
- No other fruits may be added (juices OK).
- Pies that need special handling, refrigeration or heating elements are not allowed.
- The finished pie cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (white or yokes). Egg must reach 160 degrees to be considered cooked. Official Bucktown Apple Pie Contest judge’s ruling as to eligibility will be final.
- We recommend that pies are baked in disposable pans only, as pans will not be returned. We do have a limited number of pans from previous years that can be borrowed though. Contact us for more info.
- Pies will be scored on Appearance, Crust, Filling and Overall Flavor/Taste.
- The top five winners will receive ribbons and prizes.
- If you wish to bake a pie and not have it judged we will be happy to accept it and sell it by the slice to raise money for Holstein Park.
- Following judging, the pies will be sold to the crowd. All proceeds will go to the Friends of Holstein Park.